Sunday 3 June 2012

Determination ( FATIN NABILA 4TH POST)


I love Lady Macbeth........I can relate her to myself in some ways..... For me; she is a woman with high determination like myself....it can be seen in my favourite dialogue:

What beast was ’t, then,
That made you break this enterprise to me?
When you durst do it, then you were a man;
And to be more than what you were, you would
Be so much more the man. Nor time nor place
Did then adhere, and yet you would make both.
They have made themselves, and that their fitness now
Does unmake you. I have given suck, and know
How tender ’tis to love the babe that milks me.
I would, while it was smiling in my face,
Have plucked my nipple from his boneless gums
And dashed the brains out, had I so sworn as you
Have done to this.

Before I was a karate do athlete, my right to learn this sport had been denied by my family......the only reason is....I am a girl and girl does not play rough sport...... However, I never gave up passion... after 7 years persuading my family to let me join karate-do... Finally, I was allowed to join... Even though I was 17 years old when I was first join the sport... My determination made me learned very fast....... My sensei (coach) was surprised with my fast progressed.... I’ve learned the movement really fast until my sensei asked me to join my first tournament after only one week training..... I’ve won silver medal for that tournament...... Because of that, my sensei asked me to join State’s Karate-do team which I end up representing Terengganu for SUKMA Melaka, 2010.......... In class, Ms. Dzeelfa once asked the class on whether anyone ever experience physical pain..... My answer to that question is.... Yes, I did...... The training there was very challenging..... Not everyone can stand it..... we need to jog for 2.5 km almost every morning and after that we trained for 5 hours a day....The training session was brutal....We need to be very strong physically and mentally in order to “survive” the training..... During the training, all of us need to be each other punching bag....We need to allow our friend to kick our face and punch our stomach.....The rational of that practice, “ just to make you use to the pain”....sound funny right?...However, it was really working.... After sometimes, every one of us, can’t feel the pain that much....we can literally laugh when someone kick or punch us.....There were only three girls in the dojo (the training place for Terengganu Karate-do athletes)......three crazy girls, I can say...... even though we are girls...we still need to fight boys in our dojo during sparring sessions...........although we lose almost of the time to the boys...we never gave up, we fought hard.....For us injuries such as blisters and tore ligament just normal....we just endure the pain out of determination and passion towards the sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment