Sunday 3 June 2012

Fate (8)


Nik musaini nik mustapha
For me, fate is something that ‘the higher power or god’ has already plan for us, but we can still work hard to change it because God is nice and He only want what best for His servant. In this story, Macbeth is really believed that he is fated to be a king. Therefore, he fought very hard to achieve it. For me, his intention to get the throne is not really wrong (I didn’t say it’s right, just not really wrong.. J), because I believe that everyone wants power right? Everyone wants to be in charge of something. But his way of doing it is totally wrong.

As a Muslim, I strongly believe in Qada’ and qadar, which is closely connected to fate. In Islamic teachings, there’s a saying that “Allah tidak akan mengubah nasib sesuatu kaum itu melainkan mereka berusaha untuk mengubah nasib mereka sendiri”(surah QS. Ar-Ra'du (13):11). This shows that we can change our fate, but not in a negative way.

For me, it is my fate to be here, and I’ll try as hard as I can to make it better. I don’t really planning on to be a teacher because I know my abilities. I know my limit, I am a glossophobic person. So how can I teach students in that condition? But my mum ask me to take this course, she says that it will benefit me in many ways. Teaching is a really interesting jobs but it need lots of passion and patient. I don’t think I can handle it (but we’ll see what will happen after my teaching practice in semester 8), maybe I’ll fall in love with this field because I know this is a very noble job. 

Lastly, I found a very interesting quote about fate that makes me understand more clearly about it;
“Fate is the supposed force, principle, or power that predetermines events, as well as the inevitable events predestined by this force. Those who believe in fate, believe (whether directly or indirectly) that their stay on earth has been decided long before they became a resident of said planet. So here we are, an insignificant blurb, on a planet not bigger than a speck of dust (in the grand scheme of things), hurtling (seemingly) endlessly through space, progressing towards some fate decided by the cosmos and therefore out of our understanding. We can, however, at least try to grasp what it truly means to accept fate and then determine whether or not to believe in it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment